Can't get access to the internet with new computer

Eon Blue

Hi, I was having problem with my new computer connecting to the internet. I called my ISP's support number, and from what I could gather is that there is an internal problem with my computer that won't let me access the internet. I am using Windows 7 with a PPPoE modem and would get the Error 651 message when I tried to connect to it. The wierd thing is, I tried Call of Duty just to see if I could get any connection at all, and it worked. I was able to play a little on the internet, and I was pretty confused why my computer would let me play a game through the internet, but not let me get on internet explorer. If anyone could help with what the internal problem is with my computer, because I followed all of the step my ISP's support could offer, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Hey, so this is only a problem with your Browser applications then?

First, I wanna check a few things:

Can you open command prompt, go to the Start menu, then type cmd and press enter to open up command prompt. In here type ipconfig, past the results here. Then type tracert google.ca(or google.com, either will work) and it should ping from your router out to google. Past the results here.

If you want to paste pictures you can do the command then take a print screens of what shows up. There should be a print screen button near your num. pad on the right side of the keyboard. Paste (or CTRL-V) into the program "paint" and just save the image then attach it to your reply here.

These two bits of information should tell us your internal IP address (if your getting one from your router) and also tell us if you can get out to the internet.

After this we will have to check over your Internet Explorer browser settings to see what could be stopping you.

Were you on the internet previously with this computer?? Did it connect to websites before, and then suddenly this happen? Or has it never worked since you got the new computer?

Back