Can't get my computer to boot Windows

My 4 year old HP Pavilion Elite m9100t will not boot into Windows 7 x64. For a while it would randomly crash and reboot, then would sometimes do what it does now, but now it does it every time.

When I start the computer normally, I get the Windows Error Recovery screen. "Start Windows Normally" results in a split second BSOD, followed by a reboot. "Launch Startup Repair" brings up a screen that says "The Windows Boot Configuration Data (BCD) store file contains some invalid information."... then sends me back to the Windows Error Recovery screen.

Safe modes and regular boot from the windows 7 disk will load up to DISK.sys then BSOD says:
"Ntfs.sys
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA"...
"*** STOP: 0X00000050 (0XFFFFFA800AC00000, 0X0000000000000000, 0XFFFFF88001D7A7DF, 0X0000000000000002)
*** Ntfs.sys - Address FFFFF88001D7A7DF base at FFFFF88001C53000, Datestamp 4a5bc14f"

-With Windows 7 disk: Last known good configuration, Directory services restore mode, Debugging mode result in a reboot.
-Without disk: Safe Modes (F8) load up to CLASSPNP.sys, then computer reboots.
-I have cleaned the inside of the computer with compressed air.
-I have reset the BIOS to factory default.
-I have removed the motherboard battery for 2 mins and replaced.
-I put a large fan next to open case and it seemed to give me more success with booting for a while, but not anymore.
-Norton antivirus was installed and ran full scans several times with no problem detected.
-No new hardware that I can think of before I started having a problem.
-System Recovery (F11) at the boot screen has no effect with or without disk.
-Ran Diagnostic Tools. No problems.
-Ran full memory checks. No problems.
-Tried many combinations of memory sticks. No effect.
-Unplugged everything except power cord and tried to reboot. No luck.

PLEASE HELP!

Sounds like either your Os crashed or your hard drive. Lets hope it just the Os. If you made a win 7 repair disk. Try this and see if it corrects your boot record. If you have not . You may need to run a full factory reinstall. You can do this buy tapping your F10 on your keyboard . When the recovery program starts up follow the onscreen instruction.

Could be. But I have quit a few old computers with hard drives older then that still going strong, Just trying to give a little hope that maybe it was not the hard drive. It might be worth the try to see.

It really depends on the brand of hard drive. The western digital "blue" series was used in a lot of low-end computers. They were lucky to last 2 years. I have a few 10 year old Seagates still working fine, although they do vibrate quite badly

I didn't make a system repair disk :(
F10 takes me to the BIOS.
F11 is System Recovery, but I can't get F11 to do anything during startup :(

I do have a secondary hard drive. Is it possible to boot from that hard drive? With the Win 7 disk maybe? If the primary hard drive has crashed, will I have to take it somewhere to get the information from it?

Thank you

I didn't make a system repair disk :(
F10 takes me to the BIOS.
F11 is System Recovery, but I can't get F11 to do anything during startup :(

I do have a secondary hard drive. Is it possible to boot from that hard drive? With the Win 7 disk maybe? If the primary hard drive has crashed, will I have to take it somewhere to get the information from it?

Thank you

Ok, I partially just answered my own question. I unplugged the main hard drive and booted with the disk with only the secondary hard drive connected. No system recovery image, so it looks like all I can do is install windows on that HD and erase everything else on it :(

Do you have another computer? Or someone who can help you out. That you could hook the good hard drive up in there Computer and get your files and such. If not maybe TMagic will have a good Ideal.

It really depends on the brand of hard drive. The western digital "blue" series was used in a lot of low-end computers. They were lucky to last 2 years. I have a few 10 year old Seagates still working fine, although they do vibrate quite badly

Yes you are very right about western digital blue series. I have a couple old maxtor that still are working great, They are about 9 years old now, I also have one seagate which I think is about ten years old and it dose vibrate very badly, But keeps working. I am just waiting for it to go.

Back