Can't Get To Bios

So I can't get into my bios. For as long I can remember my computer has been doing these weird beeps when I start it. I researched it forever and just gave up on it since the computer always starts up and runs fine. When I start the computer it beeps once, then about 20 seconds later it beeps again, then another 20 seconds it beeps again. Then I hear the fans kick on and everything starts up like normal. There is no splash screen for the bios and if I push del or any other key to try to get to bios the computer just goes to a black screen and I have to restart the computer to get it to load back to windows. Has anyone ever had this happen, because like I said I tried to find at least one person that had this happen and I've never read of this ever happening to anyone before lol. I use a z68a-g43(g3) motherboard. Part of the reason I want to get to bios is to flash/upgrade to the newer version of bios but in order to do that (at least the easy way) I need to get into the bios in order to use the "m-flash" software provided by the manufacture. Any info on how to flash/update my bios without having to use m-flash or any info on what is going on with these beeps (please don't just say its post cause I've never heard of a single post beep with a 20 second space happening 3 times and then the computer starts up) would be great, and I would gladly refer to you as the smartest person alive ; )

When folks have UEFI, it can be hard to get to BIOS. It depends on maker. Typically you have to do it from within Windows in order to pass requirements of Secure Boot, so you can get into BIOS on next boot - in order to turn off 'Secure Boot' (if you wish - otherwise make a RESCUE disk) and do other stuff in BIOS. Its horrible. It varies from one maker to another (it is NOT Microsoft). Consult your manual.

Back