Can't install Safari or Adobe Reader 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

rliu

Hello I recently purchase a Dell Studio 1535 with Windows Vista Home Premium, I've tried to install Adobe Reader 9 and Safari 3.1.2 for Windows, and both came up with an error message saying 'This installation package could not be opened, verify that the package exists and that you can open it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package'. I'm running the applications as administrator and have been able to install other exe. files. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem might be?

No idea what the problem might be, but be advised Adobe Reader is forever being found to have vulnerabilities in it. best not installed at all - try foxit reader here http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/reader_2/down_reader.htm

Similar for safari - unless you are wedded to it, try Opera brower, or Avant browser.

Just one question ? how big are the executables you have? Adobe for instance is over 23Mb. If what you have is much, much smaller, it is a stub installer, designed to download the 'real thing' from the internet. Vista because of its condescending big brother attitude, may not allow that.

are you still working on this problem? Are you getting an Error 1635 with the error messsage? If still need help, give a holler back

Yeah I installed AR 8.1.2 with no problems but with version 9 I still always get the error message I mentioned

Unsound ! I already said Adobe is full of security holes, and an earlier one just has to be wide-open. Foxit reader, on the other hand, is (presently) secure and indistinguishable in use.

Yeah guys adobe installer extracts it to temp folder then fails to execute.
if you are on vista. before you close the error box. start run %temp% and the extracted executable can be executed if you drag the extracted executable to your dtop, close the error dialog and double click the setup.

when you close the error dialog it deletes the extracted setup from temp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back