Can't reinstall XP as it says i have no hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a EQS mobo with a 9550 graphics card on the agp.
put a new SAMSUNG SP2504C HDD in and used old HDD as a spare. both are SATA.
installed XP and it has been reunning fine for about 6 months. recently had issues with windows installer which keeps coming up with error. tried reloading and restarting etc butno luck so decided to reinstall XP.

when using OS disk it goes through blue screen loads ok and asks what i want to do. no matter what i choose (install or reinstall) it comes back with a "can't find hard drive" error.

I can see the HDD on everything and all the devices etc see it in windows. on the BIOS i have updated and can't find anything about SATA drives.

help!

F6

Thanks, did do this with the mobo driver and it loaded and came up with a dos promp for winodws but didn't know what to do then. any suggestions or what driver should i load at F6?

You may have to prepare a disckette or flash drive to do this. It depends on the Windows XP install disc that you have. Usually, diskette, insert the prepared driver diskette and press "Enter".

Or, When the controller menu shows up, select "ULi STAT Controller (M5287, Windows XP/Server 2003)" and press "Enter". Wait while Setup is loading driver files. After setup recognizes the driver for ULi SATA Controller and shows the following prompt, press "ENTER" to continue the rest of Windows setup. After several minutes of normal Windows XP installation, if a warning dialog box shows up to indicate that the driver has not passed Windows Logo testing, it means you are installing a non-logo driver version. If you are sure the version is right for your adapter or system. Click "YES" after you confirm the unsigned driver is ready to be used. If the driver is signed, this warning dialog will not show up.

do't understand

Sorry i do not understnad this last input. i got a driver from the samsung web site and went into F6 and loaded that. when completed it just came up with C:windows> in a dos screen.

is there something else i should do?

i can't see sata anywhere on the bios settings, is this right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back