Can't start my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcdrummaster

The problem i'm having with my computer is, when i plug the power lead in the back the computer turns on without me pushing the power button. Then once the power is on nothing happens, there is no display on the screen, my red hdd led is on at the front of my case. I've checked the hard drive in another computer and i'ts fine,i've also tried another graphics card in it and still doesn't display. I think it could be the motherboard. It was fine before i left for 2 weeks, then when i got back, it was like this.
Please help.

The possibilities of what could be wrong are almost endless. please post your hardware spec's.

It's an advent computer, pentium4 2.8 HT (fsb-800), 512MB DDR, 16x dvd, Geforce fx 5200 128MB/tv-out/dvi, 80gb HD 7200rpm, Windows XP Home.

Are you hearing any beeps from it? No video and no beeps usually means dead mobo, dead CPU (or both) or you've lost the 5V rail on the PSU. The power good signal to the mobo will never happen, so the CPU never comes out of reset mode.

I would recommend not running the PC anymore until you at least swap in a new/other PSU, else you could damage the mobo/CPU. This of course assumes they are not the fault. But at least a PSU is much cheaper then a mobo or a cpu.
Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back