Carrying 2 laptops on the plane... any restrictions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyromaster114

Okay so I plan to leave tomorrow to visit my family in New Hampshire.
I'll be flying out of Huntsville, Alabama, to Manchester, New Hampshire.

I am planning on taking 2 of my laptops.
I have a backpack which they will sit in very nicely, well padded, along with the rest of my carry-on baggage.

I know I'll have to take the laptops out and have them X-rayed, that's not the problem.

However it's just occurred to me: Am I allowed to bring 2 laptops on the plane?
What about my tablet PC's spare battery?

Anyone know?

(Also, on a side note, am I allowed to bring an 8 inch Maglite on board? ... or does it fall under the 'tools greater than 7 inches' category?)

N0 problems with extra laptops or stuff for it! I do it all the time when I travel on the plane. You should leave the mag lite at home. Just buy another where you'll be at though.

None that I know of except extra weight = extra baggage fees in some cases. Also you''ll go through the hassle of taking them out for security inspections.

After the incident earlier, security is going to be extra tight, so be prepared for a careful inspection of each unit that could delay you for five to seven minutes each... As long as you give yourself plenty of time, you will have no problems, but they will not wait the plane for you, if there is anything that is suspicious, that requires a longer examination.

But Huntsville to Manchester is not one of the suspicious routes...

The main problem will be the snow, and possible weather-related flight delays that will make those computers seem mighty heavy... and if you have to sleep in an airport en route, you have the security issue of someone trying a grab and run on one of them.

Thanks for your replies everyone.

I went through security in Huntsville in no time at all, apparently they deemed a small nerdy guy with 2 laptops wasn't suspicious, and apparently my laptops didn't look threatening to the X-ray machine. :haha:

Also, in regards to large flashlights, I solved that problem by stuffing it in the checked bag with my large pile of clothes, along with 2 500GB external HDD's.

Thanks for your replies everyone.

I went through security in Huntsville in no time at all, apparently they deemed a small nerdy guy with 2 laptops wasn't suspicious, and apparently my laptops didn't look threatening to the X-ray machine. :haha:

Also, in regards to large flashlights, I solved that problem by stuffing it in the checked bag with my large pile of clothes, along with 2 500GB external HDD's.

Good for you. I carried 2 notebooks + 3 netbooks on the plan from San Jose, CA to Washington DC for a trade show event. No one at the security check points in both airport bother to ask me the reason!!

you should have shouted ali akbar and mumbled something under your breath...... that would get you through fast!

(just kidding)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back