Catalyst Control Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed Gygabtyes HD Radeon 4650 1 gig AGP 8x card. I installed the drivers from the disc and the CCC also. However, I can't seem to get the CCC application to open. Any suggestions?

I inserted the cd and ran the Install Drivers option. When it was completely done installing everything off of the cd, I right clicked on the desktop and went to properties. From there I selected the Settings tab and then Advanced. I then selected the ATI tab and proceeded to get an error, telling me that it wasn't compatible with my graphics accelerator or something like that. At this point I uninstalled everything, booted into safe mode and ran a utility to uninstall the drivers. I then reboot and installed the drivers only, then reboot and installed CCC only and reboot. I am still unable to get the Catalyst Control Center to run.

Did you try running it in basic mode first? That may make a difference. You can also try going the Start, All Programs route and select the CCC from there to see if it will open.

Another question...did you install the CCC and then reboot to let the changes take effect?

I am not sure what you mean by "Basic mode first". I did try running it from the start menu and got the same result and I did reboot after the CCC was installed...

When you opened it for the first time, you told it that you wanted it to run in Advanced mode so you could edit the aliasing options and all that wonderful junk. Perhaps you needed to start it in Basic mode first.

Are you getting any error message? CCC needs .NET Framework 2.0 to run. Is it installed?

Uninstall CCC and just use ATI Tray Tools if you keep having problems. It's basically the same thing but condensed into a small app that runs in the background; from the taskbar. If you need to adjust fan speeds download the latest build of RivaTuner too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back