Category 102 ID 1003 Code: 01a Causing Restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skaige

System Error

Category: 102

Event ID: 1003

Error code 0000001a, parameter1 00000780, parameter2 c06ce658, parameter3 81420b54, parameter4 000004c0.

I am not exactly sure what to make of it. The computers are identical in makes. The only difference is I am running 64 bit, and she is running 32 bit, they have the proper drivers for each of the different OS types.

Windows XP Professional 64 bit (Hers is 32 bit)
Version 2003
Service Pack 2
AMD Phenom(tm) 9500 Quad-Core Processor
2.20 GHz, 4.00 GB of RAM

ATI Radeon Graphics Processor(0x9505) HD 3800 Series

KSI K9A2 Platinum Motherboard

Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD5000KSRTL 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

Her parameter indicates it is a problem with....

The PTEs mapping the argument system cache view have been corrupted.

Can anyone explain what this means? Is it RAM? HD? Hardware or software?

I don't understand the terminology used here or what this problem entails, any additional information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Category 102 ID 1003 Code: 01a Causing Restarts

Restarting is normally caused by 3 issues RAM, HDD or Overheating.

Since 0x1A errors are Memory Management errors which are normally Hardware related so check the RAM using Memtest86, run the test for a minimum of 7 passes or overnight which would be best.
Burn the pre-built ISO to a disk and then start the computer up and boot off the disk set the test going and let it take over, it will probably take at least 3 hours for 7 passes (8 Tests per pass).

Memtest86 - http://www.memtest.org/

Ran memtest about 3 weeks ago for the full amount of tests, yes took around 3 hours. It came back with no errors, considered overheating as I had had that problem before, and the computer is running pretty cool...currently have an extra actual fan blowing on the HD and Processor. I have ran a Western Digital diagnostic tool on the HD and it came back with no errors, but I am still suspecting the HD possibly. I just realized the computer is SP3 and not SP2 however, and have heard bad things about the combo of AMD processors and SP3 incompatibility, or just generalized errors from the combination. Any other ideas as to what could be causing it?

Interestingly, that code sequence does not come up anywhere... except on the other forums where you have posted it. That is unusual.

The source of the problem is right there in your home.

If you ran memtest 3 weeks ago i would still try it again because the RAM could have still failed in that time. Just to rule it out because if the temps are cool enough then ruling out the RAM may confirm the HDD as the problem.

Could you post the temps of the system on here just to check as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back