CD/DVD Tray Timing is off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone. I bumped the tray on my CD/DVD drive and now it would appear the timing is off. Initially the tray was off its track. I took apart the drive and was able to get it back on but now the eye of the CD reader is bumping the tray so that it will not load into the drive all the way. Any suggestions what may have caused the timing to be off or any additional adjustments I might be able to make to correct the issue. Thanks for your help.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

If you have bent, or otherwise misaligned the laser arm/lense, then in all probability the cd/dvd drive is beyond repair.

With optical drives being so cheap these days, it might just be easier to replace the drive altogether.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thanks for the prompt reply, Howard. It would seem that I was able to get the laser arm/lense back into position where it is not hitting the tray. The tray will only go into the drive about an inch and then it is getting hung up on something. It is hard to say. There is a yellow catch, I will call it for lack of knowing what it truly is, on the right side of the drive that I am trying to determine if it is the culprit or not. Everything else appears to be fine. Alas, if I need to purchase a new drive, then I will do that. Thanks again for your prompt reply.
Sincerely,
Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back