CD/DVD Tray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there

Im new to computing, I ve had my computer for over a week, Dell 5150 with combined cd/dvd burner, tonight I managed to knock the tray off with my leg, now it seems it won,t go back in, any tips on how to insert back in, nothing seems to be broken off or damage, I ve tryed to put it back in to no avail, is it better to take it in the local computer shop for them to look at ? or should i contact dell?

thanks

dependin on your level of efficiency and comfort in dealing with computers, open up the computer and pull out the drive and try re inserting the drive tray that way, look for small clips and tabs that would normally hold the tray in the drive - the tabs or clips might keep the tray from going back in the drive as well

opened up the pc, the dvd drive is in a cage, would i have to remove from there completely to try and insert? I take it trying to force it will result in breakage?

most likely, look for the tabs and clips that i mentioned, otherwise, something might have broken when the tray fell out perhaps?

I don,t think I have knocked anything out, if anything has been broken, how much would it cost to be repaired?

Im thinking of taking it into a local computer shop, I don,t want to break anything else!

ur prolly better off doing so if u are not comfortable trying anything more complicated than just shoving it back in (which i DO NOT recommend btw =P)

gl with ur computer! :blackeye:

unfortunately, most any computer store will prolly over charge u for wat they do, but i say if they charge u anthing more than $50, to tell em to stick it where the sun dont shine

I'm not sure what you actually did.. The sliding try on an internal burner came out when you hit it with your leg? If that happened, you broke something whether you think so or not, those things just don't come out.

Can you take a picture and post it here?

You'll probably have to replace the drive. Repairing it is not really a viable option as the labor and parts are likely more than a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back