CD-RW Drive Not Reading Any Discs

Status
Not open for further replies.
My CD-RW Drive is not reading any discs of any format or size. I use 2 CD/DVD Drives. After using Nero Express to burn a small .rar file (which failed due to Nero not responding) I restarted Nero Express and tried to burn the file again. However when I inserted a new blank disc it said PLEASE INSERT A WRITABLE BLANK DISC or something like that. Now I have reinstalled drivers and rebooted and did registry repairs and virus scan and trojan/spyware scans. I have two drives for media CD's.

1. E: HP CD-Writer +9100 [the problem]
2. F: Hitachi GD - 2000 [not a burner but reads DVD's and all CD's]

My disc works in other computers and I've burnt on the same brand CDRW on different computers. This is a serious problem becuase I am a student and this is my main computer. Nero has to be the problem but there must be some external way to fix it outside of Nero Customer Support. I am looking for someone who knows about registry files and the possible error not a person who is going to question the lens dust or IDE cable. The cable is connected and power is on and my lens is clean.

I would uninstall and then re-install Nero. Also remove the CD drives in Device Manager and then reboot and let Windows re-instal them. Sometimes when Nero and EZCD crash they corrupt system files and screw up the IDE controller.

Did that!

Ok I reinstalled Nero and double checked the IDE I even switch the two drives so the writer is on bottom and dvd on top and the writer still is bad so I know it is not IDE or Nero Please Help!

Ok, get yourself a win98 boot floppy and boot from that. If your drive can't read a disc then, the drive croaked. :dead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back