Certifications Question

swilllx2p

I'm not sure this is in the right thread but I couldn't really find a thread for it that fit all that well, so anyhow, here goes. I a lot of times have a lot of free time these days, and instead of do things that really don't matter and really arnt productive at all i'd like to study and grab certifications. I don't really have the money to pay for training, so basically i'm looking for a website or websites that have a good study course, or material for things like A+, Network+, MCSE...I also had my CCNA at one point but i'm sure its expired by now, at the moment i'd prefer lifetime certs like A+.

I basically want to amass as many certs as I can while I have free time, and scrounge up the money for the tests. It's either that or I'm going to start hard on learning visual basic..which I do have a book for somewhere.. Any sites, suggestions, etc are greatly appreciated!

Edit: I am an alumni on the cisco student stuff through ccnp. I really don't want to bother with the CCNA and CCNP at this point though as I almost never see any job anywhere near me that wants/requires someone with those. Network+ should be a cake walk though because of the classes I went through in cisco stuff though.

Any sites, suggestions, etc are greatly appreciated!
Correspondence is very difficult for large courses like MCSE etc
You are best contacting your closest University and seeing if they provide these course certificates, of which you attend for study :)

I have found that if you want to get these tests on your own, you will have to buy some thick reading for it. Training info for the A+ and Net+ etc is not something that you are going to find free on the web.

That being said, I bought a book for the A+ a few years ago and found myself knowing all of the answers for it, it is a relatively easy exam with a few odd subjects that you need to know about.

As mentioned a local community college or something will most likely offer classes/testing for most CompTIA certs.

Back