Changing Laptop Video Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an IBM Lenovo T42 running an ATI Radeon Mobility 7500 video card (32 mb). That's pretty much useless to me, especially that I am looking to play some games that require much more than that. Has anyone ever changed the video card in a laptop? I know it's possible with a few laptops (ie - some versions on Dell).

I am fairly computer literate and have changed out hardware in desktops, but nothing in regards to a laptop & would want some assistance, but after my search, it seems that laptops cannot change out video cards, but I'd want to be sure.

Thanks for any assistance & I hope to be posting responding soon & helping others.

Most likely it won't be upgradable, as laptop graphics are currently proprietary and usually not upgradable.

Lenovo makes the thinkpad now, but IBM used to, so I'm not sure where that leaves you on end user support/upgrades if it's old enough to be from IBM but new enough that it'd still be under upgrades/warranty)

Regards Jase :)

I doubt if this laptop has a video card. Most laptops have on-board video chips, not boards. This means that you would have to upgrade the motherboard to upgrade the video. Since your video memory is only 32MB, I'm sure it is no card

thanks for the responses. i guess will just wallow away without the video games until i get "home" and can build my own computer & hook it up to my 60" LCD plasma that's waiting for me in storage. again thanks for confirming what i've been reading about.

Well people have different opinions, but IMO i just like about a 17 inch lol.

And for watchin telly i have a 50 inch. :D

Regards Jase :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back