Check Disk Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

deeay03

I was having troubles with my external hard drive. I restarted my computer just yesterday, and a blue screen popped up saying it was going to run a chkdsk. I could have exited the disk check but instead i let it run... Sure enough it retrieved all of my data that i had lost. I was relieved. But an hour later same thing happened. I got this stupid Function error, and now i can't access my external. I would like to just get my files off of it now, and return it to the send but, I can't get that blue screen for chkdsk to run again. How do I run a Chkdsk on an external hard drive?

HELP

if it is still recognized in windows right click the drive icon in my computer and choose properties then tools. you can run check disk from there.

Yeah, I tired that but nothing happens the window just shuts off someone told me that i could use command prompt but i don't know what to type in I know it's something along the line of chkdsk f: /f , but I do that and when it gets to the second stage it just sit at 0 complete for hours and not going any where.. its really starting to annoy me...

it sounds like your drive is terminal. try hooking it up as slave on the secondary position on your primary IDe cable and transfer the data you want to your promary drive. If that doesnt work or you dont want to try that you could build a Bart PE disk to recover the data with.

http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back