Check out the first trailer for Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Lucasfilm on Friday published the first trailer for Star Wars: The Last Jedi. The clip, which runs just over two minutes in length, was unveiled on day two of the (mostly) annual Star Wars Celebration fan gathering currently taking place in The Sunshine State.

The movie, which stars Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega and Oscar Isaac (among others), is written and directed by Rian Johnson and picks up right where 2015’s The Force Awakens left off. Judging by the teaser, it won’t disappoint. There’s plenty to digest here which, for diehards, means multiple views are no doubt in order (or maybe, complete and total isolation as to eliminate “spoiling” any of it?).

The Star Wars Celebration event runs through April 16 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida. Star Wars: The Last Jedi arrives in theaters on December 15.

Permalink to story.

Only thing I don't like about any of the new Star Wars films its kind friendly execution and children targeted audience. The original series was made for all ages to enjoy, and had blood/a few violent/unpleasant scenes, ...that's all gone now.

Only thing I don't like about any of the new Star Wars films its kind friendly execution and children targeted audience. The original series was made for all ages to enjoy, and had blood/a few violent/unpleasant scenes, ...that's all gone now.
I can see that but the films are certainly darker than what you'd normally expect out of Disney so I have to give them some credit there.

Impossible to say for sure. When I watched the star wars for the first time, I was 12, and it blew me away. I have no idea what I would think of the new star wars if I saw it back then... And neither do you, b.t.w. ;)

Maybe this one will star Luke Gravewalker ........ after all, it is the last one isn't it? please, pretty please with wookie's on top!

Maybe this one will star Luke Gravewalker ........ after all, it is the last one isn't it? please, pretty please with wookie's on top!
No this is not the last Star wars movie. They are making 9 of them in total. So one more after Episode 8.

Then of course there will be spins offs/tie in movies like Rogue one.

When will all this Star Wars nonsense come to an end? I guess the answer is when people finally get a life. That'll be never. Up next will be a movie about Darth Vaders space dog.

Since the movie industry knows there's a sucker born every minute, they'll keep squeezing blood from a rock for as long as possible. The qualification for a film to be 'Star Wars' is to use familiar names and imagery while employing laser beams and light sabers. It's a far cry from the original space cowboys Jewish story line.

So why are Star Wars films continuously made? Because people would rather continue sucking their thumbs.

When will all this Star Wars nonsense come to an end? I guess the answer is when people finally get a life. That'll be never. Up next will be a movie about Darth Vaders space dog.

Since the movie industry knows there's a sucker born every minute, they'll keep squeezing blood from a rock for as long as possible. The qualification for a film to be 'Star Wars' is to use familiar names and imagery while employing laser beams and light sabers. It's a far cry from the original space cowboys Jewish story line.

So why are Star Wars films continuously made? Because people would rather continue sucking their thumbs.

Yikes. Guys, I think we found a Star Trek fan.

Based on rouge one, I think the main episodes are going to be more kid friendly, while the spinoffs will be less concerned about parents wanting their kids to watch a movie and more on what fans want, and wont be afraid to stream a bit off kilter.

There is no such thing as last jedi... or last sith, for that matter...
in this far, far away galaxy, the force never dies. there will always be a those who dwell in the light and those who dwell in the dark side of the force.

Back