Cleaned computer and now it won't powerup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys - I thought I would do a good thing and take the computer out and blow the dust out of it. I did that and got everything plugged back in and now it won't start. All I get is flicker of power and the PSU fan twitches for about an 1/8 of a second and the MOBO light is always on. I have checked all the connections and they are fine. I have an ASUS P4P800 and I am wondering if that is the problem. It worked fine before I blew out the dust. I guess I should have left it. So what do you think powersupply or MOBO. Many Thanks.

i have the same board too. that happened to me and te probelm was that i didnt have all the power connection wired the right way...try experiemnting differentcombos. im not an expert on computer so thats all i got haha

sorry :)

Could dust have been blown into a connector and is interfering with a connection now that it is plugged back in?

A dead/shorted mobo usually shows these symptoms, as does a dying PSU. Check for any way the mobo is getting shorted and run again, otherwise replace with a PSU from another PC and try. If the problem still exists, it's surely ur mobo.

Thanks guys. I went through it again and it was the power cord attached to my floppy/media reader drive tucked up in back. You saved me a ton of time and some big head banging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back