Color Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvslater

Have windows xp; photoshop 8; wacom cintiq tablet; hp officejet g85 all-in-one. What system do you rcommend? Or do you think I should get a local person to do it for me?
Also do you think I should buy a different scanner or printer?

color management consist of hardware to measure the color and software to use those measurments to manage color between devises

are you color matching as a hobbiest or are you a pro? Photos or layout and printwork?
I would get a better printer before I worried about colormatching my monitor- unless they have made great strides in all in one devices that I am unaware of.

I run Photoshop CS on a home built PC.....XP2400, 512Mb ram, ATi Radeon 9600 and 120G hard drive. I have the Watcom Graphire 3, a 19" LCD display and this works fine for me. I run on W2K and have a Canon i850 printer.

Colour Management is a hot topic. It depends on your screen, CRT or LCD. Most people think CRT is better and certainly most of the Gamma Correction S/W is geared towards CRTs but you can calibrate an LCD with a bit of twiddling. You don't necessarily need h/w to do this...which is expensive.

You can check out the Photoshop Users Forum at Adobe and get lots of help there.

You'll find lots of postings on Colour Management there.

Have fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back