Combining the best of Dialup and satellite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a very serouise gamer and the unfortunate part is that i live in the mountains where DSL/Cable are not offered and not planned to be offered in the next few years. As of right now I have satalite. Now once before my uncle whom I live with, had a server and was using Dialup for upload and satalite for download. Well that ended shortly after he got the new DW600 system for satalite. It didn't have the capabilities of our own server. I'm looking to see if there is another way to do this from a wall jack directly into my computer. I use an ethernet cable to connect to the new DW600 system along with 2 other machines. One a laptop and another is our old server. Any help would be apreciated and welcome. Please feel free to submit suggestion to tweak XP, as I have heard it can help satallite upload speed. Please try to refrain from flaming me or calling me a an ***** I'm only 15 and understand so little about computers.

Thanks,
Sean

THere is a slight tweak but to be honost with you really will not see that much speed boost.. and chances are if have a dish already have dsl and do not know it the speeds from the sat.dish are dsl ..true satillite no available to gp yet true satillite speeds are in the T-3 range both ways..

you can find the tweak you seek here..

http://www.tweakxp.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back