Comcast High Speed Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robgamer

Im looking for suggestions about Comcast High Speed Internet cause I feel like buying it. I will be setting my gaming harware up to it so can please tell me if its good or not.

Dude,

Comcast is GREAT!!!!

It has a good bandwidth, great speed, and reliability. My friend has Comcast High speed and he has to OC his network card to get the best connection.

sw123 said:
he has to OC his network card to get the best connection.

Wow, that must be quik.. I wasnt aware you could OC your network card lol but Ok.

Regards,

Korrupt

sw123 said:
Dude,

Comcast is GREAT!!!!

It has a good bandwidth, great speed, and reliability. My friend has Comcast High speed and he has to OC his network card to get the best connection.
LOL Overclock the network card?? this is the first time i hear about this..

Alex~

sw123 said:
Dude,

Comcast is GREAT!!!!

He must have an old NIC then :eek: .

Even my olldd ollld one from a P2 333mhz supports 10/100mbps.

LOL - I got a giggle out of that line. They are going to be upgrading from 8mbit to 12 mbit soon - at no additional cost. I was just informed of this by a Comcast employee today. Before I decided to redo my network I also had the same IP for over a year - without paying for a static. I've got to say it's improved quite a lot in the last few years.

I'm gonna have to agree... Comcast it by far the best high-speed internet service provider that i've ever had... I never have connection problems with them, the download speeds are incredible, & the support line can always help out... GO WITH COMCAST!!! You won't be let down.

In my area Comcast has sold to TimeWarnerAOL, which makes the internet service officially RoadRunner. The service hasn't changed though. Only issues we've ever had was when the immediately external gateway was dying. Their tech support insisted on dispatch, which we had to cancel when they fixed their device. If you can manage to get past the level 1 tech, you actually do get pretty good help. Have had very few reasons to call, and they're pretty quick on posting area outages when they do happen. Of course, the only other real option in my area is Verizon, & I wouldn't have service from them if it were 18M synchronous - but that's another whole story :eek:

just switched my dad from dial up to DSL. But the DSL in MD is only 85kbs.
But it's still twice as fast as dial up.

I used Comcast in Pennsylvania while I lived in Mechanicsville outside of Harrisburg and they were very good too. Now in Montana, I use Bresnan hi-speed Cable Internet. At $32.95 a month, they are good too. I use Dish Satellight for my TV

is verizon realy that bad? I have it and i realize that my quetion is already answered. yes, verizon is horrible

It depends where you are located in this country...

I used Verizon in Virginia and they were very good. I have a friend in California, and he has used Verizon for 5 years, without any problems

Yes you can OC a network card, but you need some special tool my friend tells me about that I have no clue what it is.

sw123 said:
Yes you can OC a network card, but you need some special tool my friend tells me about that I have no clue what it is.
Running up the FSB would do it, or messing with the PCI frequency...

Yes thats probably what he is using, but I don't know much about OC so I would leave it at that.

The point is, Comcast Hi-Speed is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back