Comcast Internet speed slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

pretaz19

I just installed a new motherboard on my pc and changed the case, and noticed my downloads go at like 30kb/s.. they used to be like 2gb/s its been a month now with this problem and I have not been able to solve it, did everything that was obvious then searched some stuff on internet, this is my last resort. thanks

You likely need to reinstall your wireless or wired modem... They may not be recognized by the system in the same way they were with the old board. Security from your provider often will shut down when it detects changes to hardware other than memory as a prevention against "theft" of their product...
you can find the setup info at the manufacturer's web site for the cable modem, and with a phone call to your connection provider... but watch out for service charges if they have to visit your home.

Hi Pretaz,
I just got comcast high speed myself and i concur with raybay. the latest install disc is V5.0, i would request the disc from them (pick it up yourself if you can) or as raybay said they will send you a nice invoice for 100 bucks or so. you can also call them and ask them to see how their system is 'seeing or interacting with your modem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back