Company of Heroes not good on Dell 3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there this I my first post! Sorry I'm already asking for help :)

I have a Dell 3000 I bought about 4 years ago, recently I have upgraded it to 1.24GB of RAM, I got a 256MB video card and a 200GB external hard drive. I did this mainly so I could play games a little newer than C&C Generals!
My computer has a 2.9gHz Celeron processor I have just been given the new Company of Heroes game which says my computer has a "Poor" CPU (even though on the box it says 3.0gHz is recommended and 2.0 is the minimum ) I have the game on the lowest graphics settings and it runs so slow it isn't funny. How hard is it to install a new CPU? And since my current motherboard is PCI and my modem and video card are PCI will I need to get new ones if I can get a new CPU with PCIe slots (or similar)? My CPU is a apparently a socket 478 (whatever that means!) Any help would be much apreciated!

Thanks heaps!

Go to systemrequirementslab.com to test.
WHat is your video card model? Because in my system I have a 3.0Ghz CPU, 1.25GB RAM, and an Nvidia Geforce fx 5700le. My bottleneck is the videocard Your CPU seems strong.

I have an Nvidia Geforce FX5200 (256mb)
I did systemrequirementslab.com and I passed everything, I got about 1/3rd of the way between minimum and recomended on the analisys... Seems weird that it could be my video card but the game says my CPU is crap.

I have all sorts of stuff in my Windows Task Manager thats taking up my CPU memory but I don't know if I'll mess my computer up if I stop them :)
I have five SVCHOST.exe!! (Is five of the same thing right? Local service, network service etc - but I have dial up!)

42 processes all up!

But don't I have a 2.9ghz CPU? Isn't that better than a 1.8ghz??
Sorry to ask so many questions :) I'm starting to get the hang of it all!!

u're big problem is the Celeron processor those where kinda second class processors to begin with, they were never meant to do gameing or anything intinsive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back