Company Website

Greeno

Morning Fella's

Just a quick one,

Me and my boss run a company in the UK, it's very small, but financially we're very strong etc etc etc...

i'm not going to go into it, but i've been about these forums for years now and i know you're all a very good bunch of blokes (and ladies if there are any:))

i was wondering if you could give me some feedback on :-

http://www.xworksinteractive.com

It only got launched recently, and the news is all very 3rd party... as you will see i've even quoted Julio on one of the storys, (of which i'll stop doing if you require) but i've spoke to Neowin.net and they're coo' and don't mind use of some of their icons etc, but they're getting credit for it etc.

I'm not asking you to moan about problems with it, i'm just looking for first impressions really, the site is very new and very much in its infancy...so don't expect the world ;) dealing with the customers we do, with the tiny staff we have is a pain in the arse, it's taken me months to finish this site, and now it's up in a fashion i just dont have time to do much more with it, althou if you all hate it :p i'll have no choice.

We're in page 9 of the E3 special issue of MCV to :) so look out for that :D

thanks guys!

Looks nice enough...
Easy to browse, no flash or such which is a + in my book...
And it works like a charm in Opera :)

Nice site you got that...certainly is enough for a coporate site.
A job well done. BTW, just curious why are your speakers and soundcards range are only limited to Creative and CSW?

Looks good. Could benefit with using more screen width as it looks as if it was designed for 640x480 resolution, which not many are using these days. This is not really a criticism, but something you might consider in future updates.

The site looks terrific. :)

The site is easy to navigate and it loads pretty fast so thats great. I would increase the indent on the main page for the "Current News" section.

Also the tabs at the top: Between Xworks Home and Xworks products there is a white space which doesnt blend in with the site. It feels like something missing.

Other then that I like it alot.

cool :)

Y&W, it's time mate :(, i know it's no excuse i know, but i really just dont have time to do loads and loads and the market we're in, people recognise Creative as a stable product etc, they're not 100% worried about absolute performance from a soundcard.

it's kinda like one of those "Nobody ever got fired for buying IBM" type things i guess :)

thanks ever so much for your feedback though :D (all of u)

Hats off to you! Couldn't have done a better job myself. Very streamlined, well schemed and plenty of professional-level eye candy. It's cross-browser compatible, which is something else I like.

I feel as though this site could benefit from two things though - center the page horizontally (Over half of all web surfers out there use 1024x786 or better these days). You can do so by containing the entire page within a table and centering the table (easiest).. There's also a couple of other tricks you can use that will be multi-browser capable. Having it scrunched over on the left hand side isn't very appealing to me.

And since you will be centering it, that may call for some sort of background. Here's an example, albiet it rushed and bad. :) It looks a little funny, but I think following something simliar may have good results with some messing around.

backgroundxworks.jpg

Yeah man its nice. I'd also reccomnend what Rick suggests. I have this huge section to the right thats all blank.

Hi

I'm in the UK also and run a small web design biz. Your page looks pretty professional to me. It doesn't seem to use the full width of the screen (I'm on 800x600) but other than that it looks good.

Aaron

I don't seem to have a problem...and I am running at 1600x1200, although I do have it to only show on part of the screen........What browser are you using?

Back