Compaq Laptop Only Starts-Up When It Wants To.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukeshupe

My Compaq Presario 700 Laptop seems to only start up when it wants to. Ill go 2-3 weeks and have zero trouble and then just this morning it wouldn't start-up no matter what I did. I try it plugged in not plugged in, with the battery in and with the battery out and it just wont start-up and then for some reason it will fire right up. It doesnt really make alot of sense to me. This is my work laptop and I use it everyday and I need some help because I will be lost without it. I would appreciate any help and or ideas. Thank you in advance.

Lucas

Hi
There are a few things that can cause this behaviour. The psu/battery power system cold be flakey both mechanicaly or electronicly, the mobo chipset wich senses the power button condition (is the button being pressed or not?) could be flakey, and the power switch itself could be bad too. I am sure I'm leaving things out as well. Is it under warranty? If so there ya go. If not, and this stuff goes on, at least you can always pop the drive out and run it in another system to get at your data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back