Compaq M2105 laptop - battery will not charge, flickers from AC/battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok this might be easy..it might not (COMPAQ M2105)

I ended up replacing my motherboard for a model with more features (SD readers blah blah).

I took it all apart and put it all back with the new board in...now when i go into windows (and even before while booting)...the orange lights would come on for a second...then beging to flicker

while in windows...it just will either not charge the battery..or flicker from AC to battery

i CAN power the unit on with the battery alone, and i CAN power the unit with the cord alone...

lastly, my old motherboard (which had a HD connector problem)...still WILL charge the battery...so i'm sure its not the battery...i don't think...

i also dont' think its the AC adapter since it is the same piece I used on both motherboards.....

what to do................

Hopefully you are experienced in working on and repairing laptops/notebooks... and you carefully handeled the replacement motherboard and didn't damage it. Repairing laptops takes considerable skill and caution.

It does sound like the "new" motherboard is bad unfortunately. How did you handle the "old" operating system restore to the "new" motherboard?

well i mean i'm not extremely experienced per se however, it was as simple as taking some screws off, and re-connecting them

like i said..it works and boots windows...just won't charge...i didn't damage it

what do you mean "handle old OS to new motherboard"?

it was just on the HD, and i had to re-install all drivers etc but XP ran and plug n play popped up and did its thing

unfortunately i think you are right...i was speaking to some other people at tech shops..and they said i did all the trouble shooting possible it must be a faulty motherboard

You could try a "Clean Install" of XP and see if the problems disappear. By clean XP install, I mean formatting the hard drive and installing XP. Of course by doing this all your programs and data would be gone

yea i read about that too..but at the same time..even when windows hasn't loaded..and i just plug it in to charge...the orange lights flicker nonstop...and it should be stable...

so therefore it was concluded that it has nothing to do with software ie. windows...but must be hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back