Compaq R4000: charge light flicker every 7 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxman

Hello people...>!

I think I had been trying to fix this laptop for the last few months but was really stil not finding the root of the problem. Basically i had a problem with being able to charge my laptop when on or off. When it is on, the charge light will keep blinking but when it is off, it will flicker every 7 seconds. I had remove the battery and tried with the ac only and it does the same thing.

I also had replaced the dc jack and problem was not solved. My only guess is the ac adapter but I wonder if anyone have had the same issue like I am and hoping it was the ac adapter. I really do not want to buy an ac adapter and later on to find that it was not it but the motherboard so it will be a waste of money.'

Any suggestions or inputs will be appreciated.

I cannot say whether or not it applies to your situation, however, most power related issues with a laptop are indeed the AC adapter. They fail at a ridiculous rate and honestly it's probably your best bet to try that before making any more moves.

You are definitely right...! Finally, it works again after I bought a new AC adapter. So the real culprit is the AC adapter. Anyone who has the same symptoms as I did, please make sure you suspect your ac adapter first before tearing apart your laptop. Good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back