Comparing laptops

Hi everyone,

Right now im looking at 2 different laptops and id appreciate some input on them as to which one I should pick.

The first one is the samsung series 5 ultra touch and the other is the hp envy touchsmart, both these lapotops have basically the same specs (i5, 8gigs ram, touchscreen, $899) but the key difference between the two is that the samsung has a 128 gb SSD and the HP has a 500gb hardrive with a 32gb ssd hydrid. I've always thought the stand alone SSD would be much faster and thats what I care about at this point I can handle the lower amount of storage on the laptop just using a external harddrive.

So what im asking is that opinions on these 2 computers and any tips about this SSD/HDD hybrid drive

Thanks in advance

The specs for the HP are clearly better (re the HDD) - - BUT I personally dislike HP products and would recommend you continue your search.

Just last spring my Toshiba Laptop died a horrid death and I elected to replace it with a Dell N5050 in which I am very pleased for my usage (ie: non-gamer).

Also totally disinterested in the Touch Technology (ie: my laptop is not a public kiosk device :) )

I would get the Samsung for sure.
It does depend on how much storage space you want but an SSD is going to be a lot faster.
Plus I think that Samsung comes with a lot less crap.

Back