Computer acting crazy

alhoover81

I have already gone to the maleware and was told it is a Windows issue. I am trying to fix my sister's computer. It will just not act right. WIndows takes forever to load and will reset. It takes forever for the internet to just load and even when it does, the pages you are wanting to go to, may not load. Facebook doesn't want to work for her very well. She has a few games she plays and on her computer it is always saying sorry we hit a snag, reload page. It doesn't do that on my computer. Hope you can help.

Have you tried cleaning the computer out of unwanted programs that are not need. Plus left over temp files. .Also try defragging the hard drive, Empty the explorers catch. These are a few things that will speed up the computer. Are all microsoft updates installed, Plus services packs. Also remove stuff out of your startup that does not need to be there. This will slow a computer to a crawl if to many things are running in the background. Hopefully this helps. I am sure someone else here might come up with a few other Ideals

I have already done most of that. There are 3 updates for Windows that will not update, instead it freezes the computer and I have to uplug and take out the battery to get the computer to turn off.

Sound as if most of these problems are related to the web browser or internet connection.
A few simple things to try, install 'CCleaner' and run both the 'Cleaner' section and 'Registry' section.
You can get that from, http://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER
If you are using Internet Explorer, can you install a different browser to prove it it is I.E causing the problems?
I would suggest Firefox or Maxthon.

If you would have problems downloading Firefox for instance,on the problem pc, you could install the portable version of Firefox onto a flash drive, and run it from there.
It would prove the point about Internet explorer.
Can you give some more info about this pc? XP or Vista or 7?

HI, With the (your sister's) Windows 7 pc, you can run Windows own 'repair' program which will sort out any file problems.
It's totally safe as it's built in to Windows by Microsoft.
To run it, click on the 'start' icon, lower left of screen.
In the 'Search programs and files' box, type Computer
In the list that appears, click on 'Computer'. (or press enter)
On the Computer screen, right-click on the 'C:' icon (The top one)
Click on the 'Properties' option, (the last one in the list)
In the new box, click on 'Tools' tab.
Click on the the top option, 'Error checking' 'Check now'
Then in the next small box there will be one box ticked and one unticked....leave it like that. Click 'Start'

You click on the 'Schedule disk check' and restart your Pc.

Now you can leave the Pc to fix the file system, it could take some time but it may well sort out some of the problems you have.
But it will do no damage as it it a Windows system program.
After that you can sort out the Windows update problems.

Back