Computer Boot screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donlon

Well im kinda new to the whole SKIN scene and i tried to install a boot screen and it like infected the whole system... I figured out how to fix the problem but it still instead of starting up the computer directly it gives me 2 options
1: Boot Screen (Windows) which is the working one...
2: Boot Screen | which doesnt work at all |
how do i disable option :2? its not really a problem just a nuisance...
Thx Much
-Cameron

thats what i basically said... like i changed the boot screen and the boot screen became corrupted so how do i delete the boot.ini i dont want?

Right click My Computer and select Properties.

Click the Advanced Tab.

Under Startup and Recovery, click Settings.

At the top there is a button called "Edit". Click that and you can remove the 2nd option.
It should be easy to spot because it will have the same text you see when you get the menu. Then make sure the "Default" entry is the same as the "good" entry. And save the file.

The other options on this tab are self-explanatory.

cheers

yeah i did exactly what you told me to do... I deleted the timecode and everything i didnt need and i left the good one and nowit wont boot up... Right now im doin a chkdsk /r on it...
This is what it looked like before
[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional Edition (boot windows)" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional Edition" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn

then i just deleted the bottom part that i didnt want... and i changed the timeout to 0

Glad it's working. Maybe the "good one" wasnt' really the good one?
Also, the entry under "default" is actually the one Windows uses, and it looks like yours has an extra space before the "S" in WINDOWS. Not sure if typo. But something wasn't right.
And the two entries that are there, don't really have a difference, just different text, but they both point to the same place, with same arguments. Hmm

Setting the timeout to 0 with a bad entry in default would have kept it from booting!

Anways, goodie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back