Computer crashes whenever I play any online games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Specs: Nothing Overclocked (Except the Graphic Cards which are factory overclocked)

Windows Vista 32 Ultimate (Fully updated)
Asus Striker II Formula
2x ZOTAC GeForce 9600GT 512MB AMP!
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz
GeIL EVO ONE 4GB (2 x 2GB)
CM Stacker 830 1000 PSU Combo
Western Digital 500gb Harddrive
SupremeFX II

Problem:

My computer can play almost any game that has an offline mode (Crysis, Call of Duty 4 MW, Call of Duty 5 WaW, ETC.)

Games like that, but when I try to play games like ACE Online, WoW, Cabal Online, and basically any 3d online game. The computer crashes after a random amount of time. It freezes with a black screen and had a stutter sound of the last sound played.

I was just wondering if anyone else had a problem like this? It all started happening after my Ethernet port started acting up. (Unidentified Network). I'm currently using a wireless connection (seperate, netgear) to get online.

I'm still trying to figure out what the main problems are.. I've narrowed it down to either.. JAVA problems, my Graphic Cards are having a problem with these games.. (which I doubt..), or it has something to do with the Ethernet ports.

NOTE: It's mainly when playing directly from the network, AKA not private servers. Usually private servers do not cause my computer to crash.
NOTE2: I've also done a clean install but it always comes back to this.

If anyone has any tips, or any way to resolve this annoying problem. Can you please post it, I'm getting pretty fed-up with it.

Without actual minidumps or Blue Screen error codes I would guess your suspicions are correct. It sounds like either a) you need to update your ethernet/NIC card drivers or b) you have a failing NIC card.

Without actual minidumps or Blue Screen error codes I would guess your suspicions are correct. It sounds like either a) you need to update your ethernet/NIC card drivers or b) you have a failing NIC card.

Well, most of the time it doesn't bluescreen, just blackscreens and freezes.

I would still update drivers and see what happens. It certainly appears to be an internet issue and updating the NIC drivers is the easiest thing at this point.

I think I've found the problem and it might be the motherboard (haven't tried this solution yet, but it seems many people are dealing with the same thing)

Apparently putting a computer in sleep mode with this motherboard causes problems with the NIC

Alright, sorry for the double post. But the issue with the motherboard was resolved. All you need to do is disable anyway of your computer entering Sleep Mode. Never enter sleep mode, yourself. And unplug the computer for 5 minutes - 10 minutes then replugging it after the time elapses.

This issue is seriously out of control and Asus isn't doing anything about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back