Computer doesn't start

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey i just got a little problem with my computer starting. when i turn it on it on it powers up like normal with all the lights and fans. but it doesn't beep and the screen stays dark with the light flashing. i tried unplugging everything and starting it selectively and it worked once with just the video card plugged in but i couldn't get it to work again. i don't think its the mobo cause the lights on it still come on like normal. tried unplugging the ram too. thanks

read the NO POST guide in the guides forum next time before posting questions.

Your PSU is probably fried.

Yes - the PSU has multiple outputs and if one of them has failed it is toast. You could try a PSU tester but probably easier is to replace the PSU - have a sniff at the back; this can sometimes give you a clue if it smells bad.

ok i followed your guide and got the computer to boot until where the windows logo should be. but instead i got a blank screen and doesn't start

The way I have understood it, not POST bleep means no VDU. Try re-installing the Graphics card or swapping it with another.

I think maybe you have suffered a power surge which has taken out various components including the hard drive. The power surge could have been down the mains supply or the phone system - do you recall anything like this happening - local thunderstorm perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back