Computer extremely slow, freezing up, hijackthis log (1 of 2 posts) included

Status
Not open for further replies.
the only reason I am able to use this comp is due to safe mode right now..
a few days ago my computer just started going haywire, 5 ads would pop via tabs whenever I would do anything, pop up blockers rendered useless. I have trojanhunter, ad-aware, antivir, spybot S&D, and AVG free version and I still cant get rid of this problem! NOW, it takes 15 minutes to let my computer start up normally or else it will freeze up. I need help anything would be GREAT...

I've also been unable to get rid of Vundo viruses.. nothing can get rid of them :\ THEY KEEP COMING BACK

Again.. if anyone could help me I'll love you forever lol. I've got a bunch of school work to do :\.

Sorry bout the title learned to attatch txt files after this was posted.

My OS is Windows Vista and I've uploaded a log of the most recent HijackThis.
NOTE: my problems are much like the ones Irolfi had been going through.

Make sure your anti-malware software is up to date and boot into safe mode. Run your anti-malware software here and when it is finished you might want head on over to msconfig (Start>Run>msconfig>Ok). Here, you'll want to take a look at both the "Startup" and "Services" tabs. Skim through and disable any processes you're absolutely sure your system doesn't need to be running at the Startup.

The above helped some but in the end the problem persists. I've dl'ed a program called VundoFix. Which has helped a quite a bit too, but even still when I boot up physical memory is high and stays in the 90s even though no programs I can see are causing it.

First of all your version of Hijackthis is out of date. Please uninstall then follow the instructions below. Also it is not a good idea to install Hijackthis to your desktop as backups may not be available for any fixes that you make.

Highjackthis Instructions
  • Make sure you have the LATEST version of HJT (currently v2.0.0.2) it can be downloaded from HERE
  • Run the HijackThis Installer and it will automatically place HJT in C:\Program Files\TrendMicro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe. Please don't change the directory.
  • After installing, the program launches automatically, select Scan now and save a log
  • After the scan is complete please attach your log onto the forums using the paper clip icon above your reply.
    ***Under no circumstances should you add any items to the HJT ignore list. Under no circumstances should you change the directory that highjackthis downloads to. Under no circumstances should you Fix anything without specific instruction to do so. Under no circumstances should you click any buttons other that specified in the directions including AnalyzeThis!***

Also it says unknown version of windows. What Operating system are you using?

Please post the log from Normal Mode and do not end any processes before running the scan thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back