Computer freezes randomly

Hey guys,

I've been trying to fix this computer since yesterday.

The symptoms
The computer freeze randomly (~1minutes to 10minutes). It even freeze when I'm monitoring the cpu temperature in the bios utility. (Didn't see it go higher then 33c)

What I've done/tested
Motherboard
The motherboard seem clean - No broken capacitator. (They all seem like "new".)

Memory
I used Memtest86+ to check the Ram, but it was freezing at different %. I have a spare computer with the same spec (or close to it. Same socket, same Ram speed) so I ran the memtest on that computer (with the broken computer Ram), everything came out ok.
I tried some old Ram in the broken pc, Freezing stll occure.

HDD
I'm currently running seatool on the hdd but so far so good. (51% done)
I was able to install an OS on it while it was in a different computer.

So this bring me down to..
Is there anything I can do to test the cpu/motherboard? (Other then swapping them, I have a watercooling and the cpu is oc'ed in my old one).

Thanks for your time.

*Nice! 1st post, wrong section /slap forehead*

How old is the hard disk drive ? How frequently used. Could wear and over-use be an issue?
How clean is the system of infestations, photos, music? How much free space after you defragment the drive.?

Motherboards are seldom the problem when it comes to a slow down... but check your CPU cooling fan. is it old enough to be slowing down or affecting the cooling of the cpu or system ?
In our shops, the number one cause of slow downs (after adware, spyware, evil stuff and other infestations) is a failing hard drive, followed by too much junk, too many photos, and way too many music files.

You report that MemTest was freezing up or going very, very slowly... that should be considered an important clue that needs to be analyzed..

Put all photos & images, and music, into sub-directories and see what happens.

Back