Computer lag!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi there i'm running 8 instances of svchost.exe, my problem is i dont know too much about computers but enought to get me by.
my laptop is experiencing some severe lag, even when i have say only media player running it still struggles to play music without skipping and jerking the mouse.
i have done all virus scans it says its clean, i have spybot and adaware they come up clean.

this mihgt help, but its no good to me
specs are : Toshiba Satellite TE2100
2.2ghz pentium 4M
512mb RAM
40 GIG HDD

any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go and read the Trojan Pakes and other nasties preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of stampy only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

ok done all that, still a bit slow, cant really tell any huge difference

reports are :

hope this helps?!!!

the avg spyware program took 3 and a half hrs!!!!!!!! :O

geeeez sorry guys that was long had to post it 3 times to fit it...................maybe i'm doing it wrong :p

Yes you are doing something wrong.

Your haven`t renamed HJT as per the instructions and you used copy and paste, when log files must be posted as attachments. See HERE.

Rename HJT and post a fresh HJT log as an ATTACHMENT.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back