Computer monitor went black

I've had my computer and monitor for about 3 years. My monitor is a 25" Hannspree HF257. I have never had any complaints with it till now. My daughter was on it yesterday and she said it would flicker black then just black out. She shut down the monitor and turned it back on and it seemed to fix the problem. It kept doing that for a while and increasing in frequency every time she did it so she got fed up with it and just shut the whole computer off. I went on it today and the monitor would not even come to the main screen. The power light turned on but when I would shut it off I could hear a high frequency noise like electric current running to the back of it. The noise would quit when I turned the monitor back on but it remained black. I tried unplugging everything and cleaned all the plugs and connections still no go. I tried hooking up my old monitor and it works fine even with the same cords. Is my Hannspree monitor shot or is there something I can do to reboot it or get it to work again?

You can have it tested. Or if possible try hooking it up to another computer to see if it works, But as far as repairing,most computer place charge to much or don't repair them at all.

Back