Computer performance dropped after mobo replaced

Status
Not open for further replies.

justinone

Having this problem ever since my pc got taken in for repair.

they changed the mobo from an MSI to gigabyte and i have to say im not very happy.

the new gigabyte board will only let me overclock my e6750 to 2.7ghz? anymore and the system reboots on start up and places my speeds back to stock.

other than that i get stuttering in games now e.g bf2 and cod4.

anyway to prevent stutter? i've done all the usual procedurs such as defrag and various optimizations.

also my internet has lost some speed which i can not understand either since the new board was put in, especially when it comes to gaming. pings are high when browsing for games which never used to happen before.

the new board is GA-G33M-SL2.

- Win Vista
- 2GB RAM
- Nvidia 8600GT
- E6750 2.66GHz

The first thing I would do is purge all of the system drivers (video, sound, chipset etc...) from the registry with Driver Cleaner and reinstall them myself with all the latest versions. Did they tell you why they swapped the board with a different one?

hey mate. yeah i'll try your advice. i was thinking that myself about the drivers maybe being a bit confused about what they're doing and not functioning as they should.

initialy my pc got hit by lightning and hense me not having a surge protector ****ed my mainboard. everything else seems to be working fine. i didnt tell novatech about the lightning strike so they replaced the mobo. pc is working as it should but im not sure weather my mobo is the problem. weather its cheaper/not as good as the last, i dont know. but i can definatly feel a problem and my performance is dropped big time. weather its because im running at 2.7 instead of my usual 3.0ghz that i used to run at. again... i dont know.

will try your advice and post back.

cheers.

are u raising the cpu voltage when u start to overclock? I have seen gigabyte boards do the shut down and restart with things back as default and many times the cpu voltage needs to be raised. it may not need much try one click at a time.

ok yeah. because from what you describbed that is pretty much what happends.

you got any hints or tips for the settings other then the voltage? e.g memory ect.

i never touched the voltage i let the mobo auto it. im not good when it comes to gigabyte boards lol.
desperate to reach 3.0ghz at least.

cheers.

set the BIOS voltage for the mem as it was stated when u bought the mem. not on Auto on any board. as far as the voltage for the cpu u will have to learn the board an cpu together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back