Computer powers up, but doesn't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
New to boards, have a problem as well!

Hi all, I have been reading on this forum for a while and finally signed up. I am fairly new to building computers, though I have successfully built a few. I am building one for a friend right now and am having problems with it. Its all assembled, however, the computer is not powering on. I have done searches with no luck to the exact problem I am having. The issue is that the CPU fan and PSU fan are both powering on, and will stay on, but I am getting nothing else. I have checked all my connections and everything seems ok. I am running an Elitegroup RS400-A MB, and a 3.2Ghz Pentium 4 Processor. The PSU is 500 Watt, however, I tried a 350 Watt out of my personal computer and got the same results. The Hard Drive is not spinning, and the lights on the CD/DVD RW Drive are on, but hitting the eject button gets no result. What could the problem be?? Thanks in advance for all your help

Welcome to the board.

Does that motherboard support the latest Intel CPU's? I've seen some issues where the board doesn't support, for example, a prescott CPU and the same thing happens. A BIOS update can normally fix this.

Any beeps coming from the PC speaker? Everything seated properly?

The MB does support the latest Pentium Processors, there is no beep from the Case speaker, and everything seems to be seated. I haven't pulled the CPU fan off to make sure the CPU is seated, but i was pretty positive it was seated when I put in on the MB, I dont think the CPU protective cover would have closed if it was not seated properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back