Computer randomly freezes up, PLEASE HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope this is the right place to make this post..

I've had my hewlett packard for about 3-4 years now, it's still sufficient in doing all that I need it for (mostly games), except for the one problem that occurs constantly that makes me want to throw it out the window.

While playing just about any game that has 3d graphics it'll work fine for anywhere from 10 minutes to several hours and then just decide it's going to randomly freeze up for 5-15 seconds at a time. I cannot for the life of me figure out why it does this. I've done every kind of diagnostic test I can think of; memtest for ram, hdd diagnostic test, antivirus, spyware removal, tuneup, defrag, etc. And I must have reinstalled windows on it at least 20 times, and tried all sorts of different drivers as well.

For those of you gamers out there you may be able to understand just how annoying it can be when your computer decides to freeze up at the absolute worst time, and happen repeatedly 10-30 times in a single day. Does ANYONE have ANY ideas as to why this could possibly be happening and how I might go about fixing it?

Please let me know asap, this problem is really getting to me...

Thanks much
-Hex

EDIT: When I say freeze I don't mean like internet lag, or just lag in the game I'm playing, I mean I can't do ANYTHING during that time it's frozen. No mouse movement, no windows key, no alt enter to go to windowed mode, no ctrl alt delete, NOTHING. It's really annoying..

Also I clean the inside of my computer constantly and make sure my fans are working properly and are cooling off the proper areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back