Computer slows down while playing games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
My computer slows down while I'm playing this game, KalOnlinehttp://www.kalonline.com
I've been playing it for 2 years now and I've never had this problem, but then I Formated my computer and the problem appeared, but the problem is not because my computer is weak, because it's not that bad, it can play Oblivion without any problems. It also slows down playing Medieval II Total War when I'm fighting in the map.
After these problems I went to get the lastest drives for my graphics board and after installing them, I still have the same problem.
So I ask you if you guys could help me out, because I don't know what else to do, Thanks.

Computer Specs:
CPU - Intel Pentium 4 3.4GHz
RAM - 1024 Mb (2X512)
Graphics - ATE Radeon X600 PRO (256Mb)
Hard Disk - 160Gb (80Gb free)

I guess it slows down because of the CPU's internal thermal protection - in other words, it overheats.

Oblivion probably isn't affected because it requires more from the graphics card, not that much from the CPU.

1. clean out the dust. Most of the time a good cleaning is all it needs. Use a vacuum cleaner, or even better a compressed air source, to get through the slits in the HSFs and dust filters..
2. If cleaning doesn't fix it, and the temps from a BIOS/software read is still too high for your liking, then look into additional/alternative cooling solutions...

Download Speedfan to help you check the temps. Be warned, use speedfan only as a rough guide, as some boards have inaccuracy with it.

I see, thanks I'll try that

According to Speedfan while playing kalonline CPU reached 59C, i don't understand what it means, but i can see that the little flame behind it shows it's NOT good.
I'll try to clean it.
Also the HDO was at 42C, claiming that it was too much, as well as the System at 45C, The Aux was at 25C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back