Computer Turns on but Screen Does Not... Please reead this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I have a Dell Inspiron 1501 and I got it for my birthday, I think I got it on the 13th of September, it worked completely fine for a long time and then I can remember one day I just would not turn on, I tried and tried to get it to turn and it just wouldn't do it, the next morning it turned right on...with no problem at all, and then it was fine until about the end of January, then it turned off once and I got it to come back on after trying several times, then the next day when I went to use it again, it would turn on but the screen would not work, and it has been like this ever since, I have gone on the dell technical support website and they were no help at all. They had me taking out the hard drive, and the media board, and all of this other stuff and they didn't tell me anything, all they basically had me do was take it apart and put it back together. My father bought me this computer and it was the last birthday present I got from him before he passed away, so I am deeply attached to it. So if there is anything anyone can tell to do to fix this I would greatly appreciate it. THANK YOU.

Could be a number of things most likely your graphics card/ monitor, is your computer situated in a particulary warm or cold place?

Checked the fuse?

Is the environment particularly dusty?

Do the cables look secure in there ports?

Have you tried holding in the power button on your computer without any power leads in?

these are some basics to try, if that doesn't work we need to address a deeper issue.

Thanks.

I am not in an environment that gets particularly warm or cold, and its not dusty, I would check the fuse but I don't know how, and I tried the power button thing, the computer just turned on then turned right back off. I don't currently have any cables in the computer, and I don't know how to check to see if it is my graphics card or monitor. I am not that great with computers. I know some things but not really how to fix one, so you may need to talk me through this. I you don't mind.

Haha, my bad I actually thought you had a desktop for a second, the information still applys.

If you take the battery out of the laptop (usually a catch) and slide the battery out then hold in the power button for about 20 second let go - put the battery back in and then attempt to power it on again.

If that doesn't work you probably have a PSU issue, is it charging ok? Correct lights on and what not?

I took the battery out and tried what you said and still nothing, but when I hook it up to outlet power all of the lights that are supposed to be on come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back