Computer will not boot

hi all new here my problem is that after a power cut my computer refuses to boot up at i have tried rebooting in safe mode it got part way and hung now i can't get into safe mode or the bios screen running windows xp on an amd 2000 think the motherboard is ak7s8x and the bios p.190 also the cp id is06ao any help would be welcome relegated to pc at the libarary now so cant get to computer daily thanks in advance for any help steamoss

Was your system protected by a power surge protector? It could be a number of things but two are worth considering: power supply is damaged or motherboard took a hit.

there was no surge protector and i have noticed that after the second beep a red light elashes briefly near the computer power switch to all intents and purposes apart from nothing happening it seems ok green light on pc and monitor before the crash it did seem to be running slowly and was going to fit some new memory this week thanks for your reply lets hope its not the m/b

First, get yourself a good power surge protector. Second, before buying new memory test your power supply. Do you or a friend have a multimeter?

Back