Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I built this computer about 6 months ago. It has:

ASUS P5K premium MB
Intel Q6600 CPU
Corsair 620HX PSU
3x Corsair 1GB DDR2 (1066)
320MB GeForce 8800.

This build ran like a dream and stable for about 3 months. After 3 months I replaced the case fans because they were too loud. The new fans draw exactly the same Voltage/Amps so there should be no problem there. The system continued to run fine with no heat issues or anything else. About a month later I turned it on and it just hung with all the fans spinning but would not POST. I turned it off, turned it back on, and it started fine. It started doing this on a regular basis, and I checked my components and all of them seemed fine. Eventually it did the same thing but would not ever start up no matter how many times I turned it off/on. I removed the memory and got the "no/bad memory" beeps. Since the memory itself is fine, I assumed a bad memory controller. I RMA'd the motherboard under this problem and when the new one came back I built it back up and everything worked fine. Within a week the problem returned, so I assumed the MoBo had been shot once more. I let ASUS know and they sent me an entirely new MB. I installed it and the system simply will not POST. It just hangs for as long as I let it with all the fans/drives spinning. I checked my PSU and all of its rails are putting out the correct voltage. I checked my graphics card in a friend's computer and no issue there. Is my CPU shot? I don't see how it could fail so fast when I was keeping it nice and cool the whole time. There are no shorts in the case (it does this out of the case as well) and all jumpers are in the proper position. Anyone have any idea wtf is going on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back