Computer will not POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

debbiesg

The last couple days I am having trouble turning on my computer. I unplug it and replug it and I also flip the switch on and off on my power strip. Eventually it will come on. But today I just can't get it to come on. Everything else lights up. Please help me get this computer on. Thanks.
Debbie

Is your power strip working? Try plugging the computer directly into a wall outlet.

It sounds like it could be a power supply problem. What are your system specs? (graphics card, motherboard, CPU)

If you aren't sure, download CPU-Z. Run it, then go into the folder where you downloaded it, and open the file "cpuz.htm." Press ctrl+a, press ctrl+c, then go start-->run, type in "notepad", press ctrl+v, save the file to wherever you want, and attach it into this thread.

Regards :)

Power strip is working. I have tried plugging the computer directly into the wall socket. No difference. My computer will not turn on so I cannot download anything. When I push the power button the computer will not come on. Everything else is lit up. Monitor, keyboard, mouse, printer, and my external hard drives. Just can't turn on the computer.
Debbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back