Computer wont boot after overclock attempt

Alster37

so I was overclocking my amd x4 630 and managed a stable 3.6ghz with a fsb of
260 and a voltage of 1.55 i think. then Idecide to push for 3.8ghz (wrong idea) and pushed the fsb to 271 with Vcore of 1.60v.Then my pc goes into constant restart.
I did what I usually do when this happens, take the battery out then wait and put it back in again. Now my pc boots but "freezes" on the gigabyte startup screen. I cant press anything as the usb sockets dont work at all. Maybe it was a coincidence as I was going to replace my motherboard anyway, but I dont have enough for the 890fx board I want.

Anyone help me fix my pc?

Which motherboard is it? Have you checked at the manufacturer website for reset pins with a removable bridge or clip or other reset device? Otherwise a removal of memory and cpu, then simple restart/reboot with a Windows XP Pro disk.

when booting use F2 (normal bios setup) move the Bios setting back to DAFAULT or FailSafe.
use F10 to save and exit...

problem solved. turned out to be the ram, becuause it was still using the 3.33 multiplier i set it to when I was overclocking so that it woulsnt run too fast. when the battery was removed the lower multiplier meant that it was running at 667mhz , causing improper booting.

thanks for your help :approve:

Back