Status
Not open for further replies.
i just bought new parts, the following:
AMD S754 Sempron 2800+
VIA K8M800 motherboard
XFX GeForce FX5200 128MB DDR AGP8X
Corsair Value S. PC3200 DDR-DIMM 512MB and
Corsair Value S. PC3200 DDR-DIMM 256MB
when i connected these parts i got absolutely nothing on my (working monitor), at first i realised that the PSU had no P4 cable, so i got a new one. Then it worked and everything was going smoothly, i started installing windows xp pro, then about 70-something percent into the installation the computer supposedly rebooted, however since then it has not shown anything on the monitor once more. I have tried to connect just the mobo, monitor, AGPand ram, also cleared the cmos, removed the battery for a few minutes (without the power on..), i have tried using one of the ram, and both of them.. tried with a HD with installed windows, one formatted and many times without.. i just don't know what to do anymore. The monitor just won't show anything, whilst the fan runs perfectly and the PSU is definately working.. as i see it everything works.. just something happened and i don't know what, nor do i know what to do.
please help me, im getting desperate here..

ps: i forgot to tell that there is no sound either, so no beeps to listen to, just the sound of the fan and the PSU

running a modern computer without the supplemental (4 pin 12v conn.) will irreperably damage numerous parts, including the psu, cpu, and motherboard. i'd start troubleshooting individual parts, perhaps you should let a local pc repair shop have a go at it, as they will have many known good parts on hand.

PS > use only one stick of ram until you get everything running right. good luck

ok thanx, things don't sound very positive but then again they usually aren't. Was thinking of changing mobo or is that not enough?, i mean must i change CPU as well.. at least i'm gonna lend my friends MoBo and keep you posted if it works :dead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back