Computer wont boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy all, just wondering if anyone can help with a problem I'm having with my PC. Basically, when switched on, it gets as far as the AMD logo coming up and the stops and just refuses to boot up. The last time I used my PC I managed to damage a USB socket by taking a cable out to quickly and bent one of the pins. I cant see how that could cause the PC not to boot? It wont even let me go into safe mode or bias. So I tryed disconnecting the USB sockets from the motherboard but that had no effect either. Im pretty much baffled I dont know what else I can do...

Any help would be appreciated

Jim

This could be caused by a failed hard drive or even a bad CD rom drive. Try disconnecting the hard drive and CD drive and see if you can then access the bios screen

I agree it sounds like hardware failure. but just to be sure you might try reseting the CMOS to see if that makes a difference.

Hey guys, appreciate the quick response, I disconnected all the drives and still no luck, whats weird though is that I dont think my keyboard is even working, for instance, when I tap caps lock, the light should turn on and off but it doesnt... As for reseting the CMOS, im afraid I havnt got a clue how to do that. I dont think i will be able to though, dont you have to turn the computer on to reset it? or is there something on the motherboard? Sry to be a pain

There also may be a jumper near the battery labeled CMOS CLR/NOR or something like that... you can move this jumper over for 30 seconds and then back to the original position. For both methods, be sure to pull the power cord from the power supply first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back