Computer wont get out of 16 colors..HELP!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i cant get my brothers computer to get out of 16 colors...it asks me to restart then does nothing....its running in windows me and i have tried to download a number of drivers that havent worked....please please help

you need tor einstall the graphics driver. the first step is to identify the type pf graphics. Whether onboard or a Video card. you can use this freeware utility to find out what grpahics it has.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/gtopala/

if ti is onboard then you need to go to the motherboard makers site and download the drivers. if it si a video card then go to the card makers site.

it says that it is an internal sis 530 ...i dont know what that means lol....um what should i download and where should i get it?

look under "motherboard" in SIW, note the manufacturer and model of the board. go to the manufacturer's website to the support\downloads section and look for the driver downloads for that model board.

I have an Sis 530 and had this problem too, just search google for sis 530 drivers and install one, or just install Windows XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back