Computer won't powerup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
my computer won't boot up at all, funny thing it was working great last nite and everything was running normal and i shut it off normally and everything.
But when I went to turn it on it wouldn't turn on at all, but the light on the motherboard still works.
I looked at all the connections they look fine, unplugged and replugged a few of the power cords and still nothing.
I have Antec full tower and it came with a 450 watt power supply i had that for roughly bout 2 years with no problems.
My motherboard is a Abit At8 32x which i just bout a couple of months ago with no problems with it installed and booted up fine when i got it from newegg.
I am quite honestly stumped since i never had this problem before, any suggestions? Only conclusion i can come up with it's either by pwoer supply finally decided to retire or my motherboard crapped out.

Go back to the main index to TechSpot OpenBoards > TS Community amd scroll down - several useful entries re No Boot.

thanks Tedster that was helpful, my friend is gonna bring over his spare PSU this weekend and see if thats the problem while i am waiting I will try the other things.

If your mobo shows power (LED) and the PSU fan comes on then it might be your switch, check the wire that runs to the front of the case, it might be loose or the switch could be broke, if it is you can try jumping it with a screwdriver on the mobo to see if it will power up..

the psu fan doesn't come on at all. when the cord is plugged in the psu in the back and the on/off switch is turned on the psu, the red light on the mobo turns on. i haven't had time to monkey with it, cause of work. but my friend should come tomorrow or sunday bringing his spare psu and see of thats the problem, if not it might be just the mobo which would suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back