Computer won't start, help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

csba09

Hello,

I'm new to these forums. The other day I went to turn on my computer, I pressed the power button and absolutely nothing happened. I did a google search to see if I could find out what was wrong. I've tested my power supply manually with a multimeter and everything seems to be working fine with the PSU.

I have also tried to manually power on my computer using the screwdriver technique on the "pwr on" pins, but it didn't work.

Is this a motherboard problem? Is there anything else I should try?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

System Specs:
AMD Athlon 64 x2 4200
Asus a8n-sli motherboard
Hiper 580W psu
2gb corsair ram
evga nVidia 7600 GT
Windows xp

I know this is weird, but how about the power strip? I was fixing a new computer, hooked it up to a new power strip, and it wouldn't turn on. Turned out the power strip was bad. Sometimes, the answer to these things lies outside of the computer. Another thought: the ATX four-pin connector from the power supply to the circuit board is loose.

I know this is weird, but how about the power strip? I was fixing a new computer, hooked it up to a new power strip, and it wouldn't turn on. Turned out the power strip was bad. Sometimes, the answer to these things lies outside of the computer. Another thought: the ATX four-pin connector from the power supply to the circuit board is loose.

I tried plugging it directly into the wall and didn't have any success. I've also tried repositioning all the connectors and still nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back