Computer won't start up. please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.
Last night I turned off my computer and went off to bed. When I woke up this morning I tried to turn on my pc but it failed to boot. This has previously happened to me and out of some stroke of luck i managed to fix it but not this time.

Basiacly i opened up my pc and did waht i did last time. I unplugged the power cable from the computer (from the power supply) and replugged it in. On my Motherboard i see a green light indicating that i do have come form of power in the MB. But whenever i push the power button to start it up i get a very brief (less then a second) startup where the computer makes the noises of powering up and my blue led on my fans start to light and my fans spin but then it seems to just shut down.

Just as some useful information, my computer will only do that very brief startup if i completely unplug the power from the power supply and let the light on my MB go out, upon replugging it in when i push power it happens again witht he brief startup.

Im not really sure whats is causing the problem but i really hope it not my MB being broke :(

I have tried unpluggin my hard drives video card and ram.

Any help would be Hugely appreciated THANKS!

This is a common problem that is caused by numerous things. The reason that you have to continuously unplug the main and plug it back in is because the PSU is tripping/shorting every time you hit the power button.

This could be cause by lots of things, including the power supply itself. The best thing to do is to start from the top and narrow the part that is causing the trip.

First off, move the PC to a known good outlet, then check to see that no loose screws, etc have become lodged in between the mobo and the case. This will cause a short. Give the case a good shake, (nothing too hard) and see if you hear anything.
Then check to see that all of the standoff holes on the motherboard do in fact have screws in them (as an empty whole that hits the standoff can short the ground). If every thing looks well there, post back and we can move on.

If you did what AtK SpAdE said and you still have problems then try using a different PSU (borrow one from a friend) and see if the same thing happens.
If the problem doesn't go away then you might have a faulty MB. In this case i suggest testing all of the other components (RAM, CPU, HDD, etc) in a different PC just to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back